Last month I published a post about social media strategies titled, “5 Ways to Make Your Social Media Strategy More Effective.” In the post, I outlined five specific tips to help make your social media strategy more effective. In case you missed it, click here to read it now.
If you did read it, I’d like to briefly outline the five tips outlined to refresh your memory. Here they are:
1. Be Consistent — This means having a plan for how much time you’re willing to spend managing your social media sites, when you plan on updating your sites, and figuring out what kind of updates you want to share with your community.
2. Have Variety — If you want to see success with your social media efforts, you need to make it your goal to post about a variety of topics in a variety of ways.
3. Listen — It’s essential that you understand that part of having a presence on social media means actually making the efforts to listen to what others have to say about your company or your industry.
4. Respond — Making the effort to respond to what your followers are saying about you or your business on social media will be crucial to the overall success of your presence on social media sites.
5. Have Fun — If you allow yourself to have a little fun when it comes to social media, you’ll notice the changes in the effectiveness of your social media strategies.
Now that you have the five tips I outlined in my previous post fresh in your mind, I would like to share with you five additional tips that I believe are also important for you to think about. I recently read an article on Entrepreneur.com titled, “Five Social Media Mistakes Your Startup Must Avoid.” If you are invested in the overall success of your social media efforts, you’ll want to pay attention to the five mistakes outlined in the article. I will share the five mistakes below, but in order to learn more about each mistake specifically, you’ll need to click on the links that I provide that will take you back to the Entrepreneur.com article. Here they are:
Mistake No. 1: Starting without a plan. Click here to read more.
Mistake No. 2: Poorly timing social media posts. Click here to read more.
Mistake No. 3: Breaking social media rules of etiquette. Click here to read more.
Mistake No. 4: Failing to measure social media success. Click here to read more.
Mistake No. 5: Ignoring your competitors. Click here to read more.
I hope you take the time to click back to the article and learn about each mistake. These five tips along with the five tips I have provided above will help you succeed in your overall social media efforts.
Do you have questions for me about your social media strategies? Please comment in the Facebook Comments section below. Thank you!
Powered by Facebook Comments